Skunk Removal Services in Dallas, Texas
Skunks like to live under houses, sheds, and porches in the Dallas area. Skunks are known for digging holes around structures, in flowerbeds, and in yards in search for food. Skunks commonly mark their territory with their distinct smell. Not only is there a risk to being sprayed by skunks, but they are a large carrier of rabies. Rodents and skunks have become an increasingly common find in Dallas, Plano, Allen, Frisco and McKinney due to the rapid land development and property growth.
Skunks are nocturnal, mostly hunting for their food at night. Skunks are the primary carrier for rabies which can be spread by a bite. Skunks also carry leptospirosis, listeriosis, canine distemper, and canine hepatitis. Skunks not only expose the building occupants to these diseases, but also to the skunk’s musk spray that will have a lasting effect.
- Skunk’s musk can cause temporary blindness.
- Skunks often communicate with scent marking.
- Skunks are omnivores (eating plants and animals), but prefer plants.
- The smell of a skunk’s musk can last 2 weeks to a month.
- Male skunks carry enough fluid to spray up to 5 times.